American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A division of a family, especially a division of a clan.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A clan: used especially of the tribes or families in Ireland.
- n. An inclosure; a railing.
- n. An abbreviation
- n. of September;
- n. of Septuagint.
- n. In music, same as seventh or seventh-chord.
- n. A clan, tribe, or family, proceeding from a common progenitor. (used especially of the ancient clans in Ireland)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A clan, tribe, or family, proceeding from a common progenitor; -- used especially of the ancient clans in Ireland.
- n. people descended from a common ancestor
- n. the month following August and preceding October
- A corruption of sect, influenced by Latin saeptum ("fence, enclosure"). (Wiktionary)
- Probably alteration of sect. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Yes | No | Report from tonto9545 wrote 11 weeks 4 days ago just went out and got me a xb, got a inline in sept, have a flintlock to.”
“Starts with dove in sept, deer are next till New Years, alligator if someone in my party gets a tag.”
“I got arrested back in sept 2007 for drinking and driving, and i went to court, and they told me that i would get back my licence if i go through the program backontrack.”
“Thankfully Mrs Gull (a copper too), little gull and myself are of to Calgary in sept to investigate a move out there.”
“i have a 2007 328 that is coming off lease in sept 2010. i am thinking about purchasing the car. what is the approx. charge to certify the car?”
“I guess he and Bernakie must be right thay both caused the Great recession in sept ‘08.”
“I wish I could think of something I learned in sept.”
“I am a very ethical person and just get angry when I put up my stands in sept. and some person comes along and places his 20 yds from mine expecting me to leave.”
“In the middle of the night we crammed in the back seat of a Peugot stationwagon aka sept-place.”
“I would like to leave in sept. i need info on what would be the best way to get from the border to Mazatlan and the name of the toll road and how much it will cost me ..”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sept’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Iain M. Banks made up a lot of terminology for 'The Algebraist' that may or may not have originated from actual words. Regardless, I think they are lovely words.
A set of words found in a re-read of George R.R. Martin's fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire.
* A Game of Thrones (words tagged as 'agot')
* A Clash of Kings (wo...
Looking for tweets for sept.