from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Renovation; restoration.
- n. The institution or establishment of something.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. restoration after decay or dilapidation; renewal; repair
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Restoration after decay, lapse, or dilapidation; renewal; repair; renovation; renaissance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Restoration; renewal; repair.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
Latin īnstaurātiō, īnstaurātiōn-, from īnstaurātus, past participle of īnstaurāre, to renew; see stā- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin instauratio: compare French instauration. (Wiktionary)