from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or process of preventing a thing from moving.
- n. The process in which organic soil matter is decomposed and absorbed by microorganisms, and thus not available to plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A making immobile; reduction to immobility.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fixation (as by a plaster cast) of a body part in order to promote proper healing
- n. the act of limiting movement or making incapable of movement
From immobilize + -ation (Wiktionary)