from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. withdrawal in order to make oneself inconspicuous
- n. A shortening, or thinning, of the cervix before or during early labour
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act if effacing; also, the result of the act.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of effacing, or the state of being effaced.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. withdrawing into the background; making yourself inconspicuous
- n. shortening of the uterine cervix and thinning of its walls as it is dilated during labor
Sorry, no etymologies found.