from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due north and northeast, or 22°30ʹ east of due north.
- adj. To, toward, of, facing, or in the north-northeast.
- adv. In, from, or toward the north-northeast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The compass bearing or compass point halfway between north and northeast, specifically 22.5°, abbreviated as NNE.
- n. One of 32 named cardinal points.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to, toward, or in the north-northeast
Sorry, no etymologies found.