from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of interbreed.
- n. breeding within a narrow range of individuals
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of breeding between different species or varieties; cross-breeding; hybridization.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
- n. reproduction by parents of different races (especially by white and non-white persons)
Sorry, no etymologies found.