- n. A form of romantic courtship typically between two individuals with the aim of assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse. The result of dating may at any time lead to friendship, any level of intimate relationship, marriage, or no relation.
- n. An estimation of the age of an artifact, biological vestige, linguistic usage, etc.
- n. The setting of a date on which an event or transaction is to take place or take effect.
- v. present participle of date.
- n. use of chemical analysis to estimate the age of geological specimens
“That was when Ramey pulled his daughter's credit report and found eight different credit cards in her name dating to when Shelbi was 2, he said.”
“In English, these sapucaias are called paradise nuts, an appellation dating back to the European discovery of the New World, then considered the site of heaven.”
“It was in favour of M. de Luxembourg in so far as the title dating from 1662 was concerned; but the consideration of his claim to the title of 1581 was adjourned indefinitely, so that he remained exactly in the same position as his father.”
“Uncle Sam is a national personification of the United States (US), and sometimes more specifically of the American government, with the first usage of the term dating from the War of 1812 and the first illustration dating from 1852.”
“However, for some reason this was considered not to be good enough, and in 1995, in many towns, people found themselves electing not a mer but a gubernator 'Governor', a title dating back to the nineteenth century.”
“Of these Sturm und Drang is a slogan derived from a contemporary play by Friedrich Maximilian Klinger performed in 1777, while Klassik is a term dating from the late nineteenth century to match Romantik a des - ignation first used derisively for the Heidelberg group in 1808.”
“Jennifer Love Hewitt appeared on Lopez Tonight Tuesday to sell her book about her failed relationships, which she describes as a dating book, but never married, and always single, or perhaps The Breakup Book is more like it.”
“So the trouble for him, as a guy and all, and especially as a straight guy, the biggest obstacle he encounters in dating is finding beautiful women who aren’t sluts.”
“On the sepulchral slab dating from the time of Constantine the following may be read:”
“Faced with that, historical concessions dating from the Spanish Empire are going to be small beer.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dating’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A complete list of the red cards (things) from the popular word game.
Words about looooove (and the things that masquerade as love)!
Looking for tweets for dating.