from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or resembling drops.
- adj. Spotted as if by drops.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like, or resembling drops.
- adj. Spotted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Spotted, as if discolored by drops.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing drops or droplike masses, either solid or more or less liquid, often resembling nuclei.
- In botany, spotted, as if by drops of something colored.
- In zoology, having drop-shaped or guttiform spots.
Latin guttātus, speckled, from gutta, drop.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)