from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of plant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fixed in place, as a projecting member wrought on a separate piece of stuff.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In joinery, wrought on a separate piece of stuff, and afterward fixed in its place: said of a projecting member: as, a planted molding.
- Introduced or naturalized; not indigenous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. set in the soil for growth
- adj. (used especially of ideas or principles) deeply rooted; firmly fixed or held
Sorry, no etymologies found.