from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. being a seed, being in a seed position.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of seed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bearing seed; hence, matured; full-grown.
- Sown; sprinkled with seed.
- In heraldry, having the stamens indicated: used only when they are of a different tincture from the rest of the flower: as, a rose gules seeded or.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sprinkled with seed
- adj. having seeds as specified
- adj. having the seeds extracted
- adj. having or supplied with seeds
- adj. (of the more skilled contestants) selectively arranged in the draw for position in a tournament so that they meet each other in later rounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.