from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of appoint.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having acquired an office or responsibility through appointment; -- said of officials, and contrasting with
- adj. fixed or established by order or command.
- adj. provided with furnishing and accessories especially of a tasteful kind.
- adj. selected for a duty or job.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. fixed or established especially by order or command
- adj. selected for a job
- adj. provided with furnishing and accessories (especially of a tasteful kind)
- adj. subject to appointment
Sorry, no etymologies found.