from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of furnish.
- adj. equipped with whatever is needed
- adj. supplied with furniture
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. provided with necessary furnishings; -- used especially of rented apartments having furniture included in the rental price. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Provided with what is needful; fitted with furniture or whatever is necessary; equipped for use: as, a furnished house; furnished rooms.
- In heraldry: Same as armed, in some cases, as when applied to the horns of a stag: as, a hart furnished with six antlers.
- Caparisoned; fitted with saddle, bridle, etc.: said of a horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. provided with whatever is necessary for a purpose (as furniture or equipment or authority)
Sorry, no etymologies found.