Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Provided with what is needful; fitted with furniture or whatever is necessary; equipped for use: as, a furnished house; furnished rooms.
- In heraldry: Same as armed, in some cases, as when applied to the horns of a stag: as, a hart furnished with six antlers.
- Caparisoned; fitted with saddle, bridle, etc.: said of a horse.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of furnish.
- adj. equipped with whatever is needed
- adj. supplied with furniture
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. provided with necessary furnishings; -- used especially of rented apartments having furniture included in the rental price. Opposite of
- adj. provided with whatever is necessary for a purpose (as furniture or equipment or authority)
“Perhaps "fully furnished" is the standard in the "gringo ghettos" but if the guy is living on the cheap -- or even on Mexican standards -- not so.”
“The rough proposal — few details have as yet been furnished from the German finance ministry — is that an EMF would be financed out of levies on countries that breached EU fiscal rules, augmented by borrowing in the markets.”
“Because what if I'm 60 years old and not married, all alone in furnished room with pee stains on my underwear and everybody else is married!”
“One of those short-term furnished deals, until he can find something more permanent.”
“A PLACE TO ESCAPE TO ON THE WEEKDAYS The Bristol Plaza is made up of two buildings – one at 210 East 65th Street that features short-term furnished rental units and 25 condominium units, and an adjacent 50-story building which is made up entirely of condos.”
“Another answer to the argument in question is, that "The New Testament does condemn slaveholding, as _practiced among us_, in the most explicit terms furnished by the language in which the sacred penman wrote.”
“_Identity_ is, perhaps, the best single term furnished by our Language to signify this basic idea.”
“The records printed on the labels furnished data which made an important addition to our previous knowledge of the New York oil fields.”
“Mrs Pansey!' said Gabriel, and considering that the name furnished all necessary information, sat down near his mother and took one of her delicate hands in his own to smooth and fondle.”
“The name furnished by us was that of Miss Simpson, and no other.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘furnished’.
Words and phrases used in blazoning heraldic devices, along with names and other terms associated with the art and science.
Other similar lists can be found on Wordnik, especially that...
Looking for tweets for furnished.