American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Consisting of a volume or volumes. Often used in combination: a large-volumed edition; a many-volumed novel.
- adj. Formed or moving in rolling or rounded masses: volumed smoke.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a rounded form; forming volumes or rolling masses; consisting of rounded masses.
- Having volume or volumes (of a specified amount or number).
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having the form of volume, or roil.
- adj. Having volume, or bulk; massive; great.
- adj. formed or rising in rounded masses
- adj. furnished with volumes
- adj. (often used in combination) consisting of or having a given number or kind of volumes
- volume + -ed (Wiktionary)
“Meanwhile, in France, my French publishers are repackaging and reissuing all the books in A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE in new one-volumed editions (previously the French translations have been divided into three or four parts), with stunning new covers by Marc Simonetti.”
“Seasonally adjusted gross domestic product rose 3.3% on the quarter but fell 9.1% on an annual basis in a chain-volumed measure, Statistics Iceland said.”
“Meanwhile, in France, my French publishers are repackaging and reissuing all the books in A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE in new one-volumed editions previously the French translations have been divided into three or four parts, with stunning new covers by Marc Simonetti.”
“Next couple of volumed do get better in a craft sense.”
“If you're not familiar with the OED, it's a massive, multi-volumed book that contains a miniature history of every word in the English language.”
“What a contemptible science this is, then, about which quartos are written, and sixty-volumed Biographies Universelles, and”
“Sometimes one buys an odd volume of a series or of some many-volumed work, but there are many voluminous masterpieces of which one volume is enough.”
“Everything my heart desired — from envelopes, stamps and pins with portraits of the writer to films, first editions, research manuscripts and multi-volumed editions.”
“My report about the unwavering fame of the Californian son in Russia and about four of his multi-volumed works, a series of novels and collected works that had come out in the last three years, caused a rumble in the room.”
“Don't get me wrong the music is fantastic, but what with Essential and the three volumed greatest hits PLUS the new DYLAN greatest hits, do I really need another one .... no is the answer, especially when there are no unreleased tracks on this best of to tempt me.”
Looking for tweets for volumed.