from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a notary public.
- adj. Executed or drawn up by a notary public.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a notary or notaries.
- adj. Written or executed by a notary.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a notary; done or taken by a notary
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a notary: as, a notarial seal; notarial evidence or attestation; notarial fees.
- Done or taken by a notary.
- An act before a notary, so authenticated by him.
- Of or pertaining to the notarium, or united vertebræ in the anterior part of the thoracic region of some pterodactyls.
From notary + -al. (Wiktionary)