from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to elves.
- adj. Prankish; mischievous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characteristic of an elf
- adj. mischievous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to the elves; elflike; implike; weird; scarcely human; mischievous, as though caused by elves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to elves or to elf-land; of the nature of an elf; caused by or characteristic of elves; peevish; spiteful: as, an elfish being; elfish mischief.
- Distracted or bewitched by elves; distraught or abstracted, as if bewitched.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. usually good-naturedly mischievous
Sorry, no etymologies found.