from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to an infection not known to be caused by a specific pathogen: nonspecific urethritis.
- adj. Of or relating to immunity that occurs naturally as a result of a person's genetic makeup or physiology and does not arise from a previous infection or vaccination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not specific
- adj. not caused by a specific pathogen
- adj. not caused by previous infection or vaccination
- adj. that does not just stain one type of tissue
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not caused by a specific agent; used also of staining in making microscope slides
Sorry, no etymologies found.