from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The Pacific Ocean.
- adj. Of, in, or near the Pacific Ocean.
- adj. Of, on, or near the western coast of the United States.
- adj. Of or concerning countries bordering the Pacific Ocean, especially those of Asia and North America.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The Pacific Ocean.
- adj. Related to the Pacific Ocean.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. The Pacific Ocean, the largest ocean.
From Latin pācificus "peace-making" (Wiktionary)