from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to define, describe, or analyze. See Synonyms at unspeakable.
- n. One that is indefinable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That cannot be precisely defined or put into words
- adj. That defies description; indescribable
- n. Anything that cannot be defined.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Incapable of being defined or described; inexplicable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not definable; incapable of being defined or exactly described; not susceptible of definition: as, an indefinable boundary; an indefinable word; indefinable sensations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not capable of being precisely or readily described; not easily put into words
- adj. defying expression or description
in- + definable (Wiktionary)