from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Peculiarly unsettling, as if of supernatural origin or nature; eerie. See Synonyms at weird.
- adj. So keen and perceptive as to seem preternatural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. strange, and mysteriously unsettling (as if supernatural); weird
- adj. Careless.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not canny; unsafe; strange; weird; ghostly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not canny, in any sense.
- Eery; weird; mysterious; apparently not of this world; hence, noting one supposed to possess preternatural powers.
- Severe, as a fall or blow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. suggesting the operation of supernatural influences
- adj. surpassing the ordinary or normal
un-1 + canny, fortunate, safe (obsolete).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From un- + canny; thus “beyond one′s ken,” or outside one′s familiar knowledge or perceptions. (Wiktionary)