from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Greatly exceeding the normal or average but still obeying natural laws.
- adj. Paranormal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Beyond what is normal; exceeding the average or the point of reference.
- adj. Paranormal, supernatural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Above or beyond what is normal; unusual or extraordinary, but not abnormal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exceeding the normal or average
- adj. beyond the range of the normal or scientifically explainable
Coined from super- and normal between 1865 and 1870. (Wiktionary)