from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or causing an itching sensation.
- adj. Restless or nervous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or creating an itch, causing a person or animal to tend to want to scratch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Infected with the itch.
- adj. Having an itching sensation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by or having an itching sensation.
- Having the itch: as, an itchy beggar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. nervous and unable to relax
- adj. causing an irritating cutaneous sensation; being affect with an itch
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Being spotty and itchy is not a good look, even if the colour does match my new shoes.
I think what gets me feeling itchy is all that emphasis on the facts of a life, while all the juicy, relevant, human oddity stuff gets left on the cutting room floor.
Anal itching, also known as itchy bottom, pruritus ani or anusitis, is irritation and sometimes inflammation of the anus - located at the exit of the rectum.
, also known as itchy bottom, pruritus ani or anusitis, is irritation and sometimes inflammation of the anus - located at the exit of the rectum.
Ya, I know, it sounds like it'll be "itchy", but after wearing the shirt for about 15 minutes its no more "itchy" than light starch.
This growth will likely come not only from those who describe their current relationship as leaving them "itchy," or "bored," but from others who, although they consider themselves "totally committed," also report themselves "open to better offers."
This is precisely where those Anti Semites get "itchy" ... its called JEALOUSY, always has, always will.
• Allergic reactions such as itchy generalised skin rash, swelling of the face and throat, difficulty in breathing, blue discolouration of the tongue or lips, low blood pressure and collapse.
Thus the debate rages, with Russia's ruling elites "itchy" to sink their fingers into the pie, as Georgy Bovt, editor of weekly magazine Profil, puts it.
Dried and fresh flowers made into a tea have been used for minor stomach upset, as an oral rinse to treat gingivitis and painful mouth lesions, and topically to improve wound healing and treat mild skin problems, such as itchy lesions, hives and sunburn.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.