from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- See Ankara.
- n. The hair of the Angora goat or of the Angora rabbit. Also called Angora wool.
- n. A yarn or fabric made from either of these kinds of hair.
- n. An Angora cat.
- n. An Angora goat.
- n. An Angora rabbit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A city of Asia Minor (or Anatolia) which has given its name to a goat, a cat, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A light cloth made of Angora wool, and used for coats and cloaks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a domestic breed of goat raised for its long silky hair which is the true mohair
- n. the capital of Turkey; located in west-central Turkey; it was formerly known as Angora and is the home of Angora goats
- n. domestic breed of rabbit with long white silky hair
- n. a long-haired breed of cat similar to the Persian cat
After Angora (Ankara), Turkey.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)