from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Roman Mythology The goddess of the dawn.
- A city of north-central Colorado, a residential suburb of Denver. Population: 304,000.
- A city of northeast Illinois on the Fox River west of Chicago. It is an industrial center and was one of the first U.S. cities to use electricity for street lighting. Population: 171,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Roman goddess of the dawn; equivalent of the Greek Eos. Sister of Luna and Sol.
- proper n. A female given name, in quiet but regular use since the 19th century.
- proper n. the dawn
Latin Aurōra; see aurora.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin aurora "dawn". (Wiktionary)