from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or showing curiosity, fascination, or concern: I'm interested to hear about your family.
- adj. Possessing a right, claim, or stake: an interested party in the estate. See Usage Note at disinterested.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or showing interest.
- adj. Motivated by considerations of self-interest; self-serving.
- adj. Owning a share of a company.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of interest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the attention engaged; having emotion or passion excited.
- adj. Having an interest; concerned in a cause or in consequences; liable to be affected or prejudiced.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Concerned in a cause or in consequences; hence, biased by personal considerations; concerned chiefly for one's private advantage; also, springing from or influenced by self-interest or selfishness: as, an interested witness.
- Having an interest or share; having money involved: as, one interested in the funds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. involved in or affected by or having a claim to or share in
- adj. having or showing interest; especially curiosity or fascination or concern
Sorry, no etymologies found.
But your title interested me - Jewish Self-Government?
It seems to me that all "mundane" economists to use Peter Klein's felicitous term interested in how the real economy works ask and try to answer the very same questions, but depending on their doctrinal orientation, their answers are different.
And yet what choice did she have, with the boy standing there, his ears pricked and his expression interested?
He thought that if things went wrong, he could bargain; he could say that there were more letters, that someone else had charge of them and would send them to what he called interested parties if he were arrested.
The Bombers never got a label interested in signing us, but Erin came home with me the night we cut the final track.
Of course I know you dont mean her any harm; but when you get what you call interested in people's accents, you never think or care what may happen to them or you.
Of course I know you don't mean her any harm; but when you get what you call interested in people's accents, you never think or care what may happen to them or you.
In Touch magazine is reporting that an insider told them that Dancing with the Stars in interested in Sherri Shepherd joining the cast.
Here, for those interested, is the website for the planned conference.
I am in interested in your explanation of what happened in the Soviet Union – an unapologetically atheistic regime – as seen through the lens of your world view.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.