from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a particular district.
- adj. Composed of or divided into component sections.
- n. A piece of furniture made up of sections that can be used separately or together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Separating into sections.
- adj. Relating to conflict between areas.
- n. An item of furniture composed of modular sections; usually specifically a sectional sofa
- n. A tournament or match held at the section level, typically between the regionals and the championships
- n. A band sectional, in which one section of a band or orchestra practices separately
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a section or distinct part of larger body or territory; local.
- adj. Consisting of sections, or capable of being divided into sections.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Composed of or made up in several independent sections: as, the sectional hull of a ship.
- Of or pertaining to some particular section or region; for or in regard to some particular part of a country as distinct from others; local: as, sectional interests; sectional prejudices; sectional spirit; sectional legislation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or based upon a section (i.e. as if cut through by an intersecting plane)
- n. a piece of furniture made up of sections that can be arranged individually or together
- adj. consisting of or divided into sections
- adj. related or limited to a distinct region or subdivision of a territory or community or group of people
Sorry, no etymologies found.