from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by, belonging to, or concerning doctrine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, involving, belonging to or concerning a doctrine.
- adj. Didactic.
- n. A matter of doctrine, or system of doctrines.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or containing, doctrine or something taught and to be believed.
- adj. Pertaining to, or having to do with, teaching.
- n. A matter of doctrine; also, a system of doctrines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to doctrine; consisting of or characterized by doctrine; relating or pertaining to fundamental belief or instruction: as, doctrinal theology; doctrinal soundness in religion, science, or politics; a doctrinal controversy.
- Serving for instruction or guidance; having the office or effect of teaching.
- n. Something that is a part of doctrine; a tenet or article of belief.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or involving or preoccupied with doctrine
French doctrinal. (Wiktionary)