from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not sleeping or not able to sleep.
- adj. Without sleep; sleepless.
- adj. Watchful; alert.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. awake rather than sleeping
- adj. sleepless
- adj. vigilant and alert; watchful
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not sleeping; indisposed to sleep; watchful; vigilant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Indisposed or unable to sleep; affected by insomnia.
- Watchful; vigilant.
- Rousing from, or as from, sleep.
- Synonyms and
- See watchful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. carefully observant or attentive; on the lookout for possible danger
- adj. (of sleep) easily disturbed
- adj. marked by full consciousness or alertness
Sorry, no etymologies found.