from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or affecting the parasympathetic nervous system: parasympathetic activity; parasympathetic agents.
- n. The parasympathetic nervous system.
- n. Any of the nerves of this system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the part of the autonomic nervous system that inhibits or opposes the effects of the sympathetic nervous system.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the parasympathetic nervous system
- n. originates in the brain stem and lower part of the spinal cord; opposes physiological effects of the sympathetic nervous system: stimulates digestive secretions; slows the heart; constricts the pupils; dilates blood vessels
Sorry, no etymologies found.