from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Activated by or capable of releasing epinephrine or an epinephrinelike substance, especially in the sympathetic nervous system: adrenergic nerve fibers.
- adj. Having physiological effects similar to those of epinephrine: an adrenergic drug.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the quality of adrenaline or epinephrine.
- adj. Containing or releasing adrenaline.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. producing or activated by epinephrine or adrenaline.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to epinephrine (its release or action)
- n. drug that has the effects of epinephrine
adren(aline) + -ergic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From adrenaline + -ergic. (Wiktionary)