from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing an increase in blood pressure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. vasopressor
- n. vasopressor
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Causing, or giving rise to, pressure or to an increase of pressure; ; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Causing constriction of the smaller blood-vessels and a consequent rise of blood-pressure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. increasing (or tending to increase) blood pressure
- n. any agent that causes a narrowing of an opening of a blood vessel: cold or stress or nicotine or epinephrine or norepinephrine or angiotensin or vasopressin or certain drugs; maintains or increases blood pressure
Late Latin, one who presses, from Latin pressus, past participle of premere, to press; see press1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)