from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or causing constriction of blood vessels.
- n. An agent that causes a rise in blood pressure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the constriction on blood vessels which eventually causes a rise in blood pressure
- n. an agent that causes such constriction
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any agent that produces vasoconstriction and a rise in blood pressure (usually understood as increased arterial pressure)
Sorry, no etymologies found.