from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the mind.
- adj. Anatomy Of or relating to the diaphragm: the phrenic nerve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the diaphragm
- adj. Relating to the mind or mental activity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the diaphragm; diaphragmatic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy, of or pertaining to the diaphragm; diaphragmatic: as, a phrenic artery, vein, or nerve.
- Inferior, two small branches of the abdominal aorta.
- Superior, a slender branch from each internal mammary. Also called comes nervi phrenici.
- n. A mental disease; also, a medicine or remedy for such a disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the diaphragm
From New Latin phrenicus. (Wiktionary)