from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the trigeminal nerves; trifacial.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the trigeminal nerve (the fifth cranial nerve).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or designating, the fifth pair of cranial nerves, which divide on each side of the head into three main branches distributed to the orbits, jaws, and parts of the mouth; trifacial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy and zoöl, triple, triune, or threefold: specifically noting the trifacial or fifth cranial nerve (which see, under trifacial). Also trigeminous.
- Of or pertaining to the trigeminal nerve: as, a trigeminal foramen.
- n. The trigeminal nerve; the trigeminus. See trifacial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the main sensory nerve of the face and motor nerve for the muscles of mastication
tri- + geminal (Wiktionary)