from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Too sensitive, nervous, or tense.
- adj. Too tightly strung: an overstrung archery bow.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Excessively tense or nervous
- adj. Strung too tightly
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Too highly strung; too sensitively organized.
- Noting a pianoforte in which the strings are arranged in two sets, one crossing obliquely over the other.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. too tightly strung
- adj. being in a tense state
Sorry, no etymologies found.