from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the ischium or to the region of the hipbone in which it is located.
- adj. Of or relating to sciatica.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to the ischium.
- adj. Of, or relating to sciatica.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the hip; in the region of, or affecting, the hip; ischial; ischiatic.
- n. Sciatica.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, connected with, or issuing from the hip; ischiac, ischiadic, or ischiatic: as, the sciatic nerve, artery, vein, or ligament.
- Affecting parts about the hip, especially the sciatic nerve; affected with or suffering from sciatica.
- n. A sciatic part or organ; especially, a sciatic nerve.
- n. plural Sciatica.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or caused by or afflicted with sciatica
- adj. of or relating to the ischium (or the part of the hipbone containing it)
French sciatique, from Old French, from Medieval Latin sciaticus, alteration of Latin ischiadicus, from Greek iskhiadikos, from iskhias, iskhiad-, sciatica, from iskhion, hip.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin sciaticus, variant of Latin ischiadicus, from Greek ἰσχιαδικος, from ἰσχίον, "hip". (Wiktionary)