from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or of the nature of a homily.
- adj. Relating to homiletics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to a homily, or to homiletics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to familiar intercourse; social; affable; conversable; companionable.
- adj. Of or pertaining to homiletics; hortatory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as homiletical, 1.
- In the style or of the nature of a homily or a sermon; hortatory; expository.
- Of or pertaining to sermons or to homiletics; pertaining to preaching or the art of preaching.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to homiletics
- adj. of the nature of a homily or sermon
Late Latin homīlēticus, from Greek homīlētikos, of conversation, from homīlētos, conversation, from homīlein, to converse with, from homīlos, crowd; see homily.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)