from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, near, or relating to the heart: cardiac arteries.
- adj. Of or relating to the cardia.
- n. A person with a heart disorder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the heart.
- adj. Pertaining to the cardia.
- n. A medicine that excites action in the stomach.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, resembling, or hear the heart.
- adj. Exciting action in the heart, through the medium of the stomach; cordial; stimulant.
- n. A medicine which excites action in the stomach; a cardial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the heart.
- Exciting action in the heart; having the quality of stimulating action in the circulatory system.
- Hence Cordial; producing strength and cheerfulness.
- Pertaining to the esophageal portion of the stomach: opposed to pyloric.
- n. A medicine which excites action in the stomach and animates the spirits; a cordial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the heart
Detection of a 22q11. 2 deletion in cardiac patients suggests a risk for velopharyngeal incompetence.
The number of Internet searches, blog posts and amateur videos about Jackson — from heartfelt tributes to expressions of disbelief — have skyrocketed since the pop icon was found in cardiac arrest inside his Los Angeles home on Thursday.
And he basically said America's Gulf Coast is in cardiac arrest and the system is breaking down, not from one thing but everything.
Each year we receive more than 400 inquiries from families outside the U.S. seeking treatment in cardiac care, cancer care, endocrinology, orthopaedics, neurology, plastic surgery, urology and many other areas.
Plants that contain cardiac glycoside can cause changes in the rate or rhythm of your child's heart.
Every technological form of support and treatment available in cardiac care is available here.
A combination of rescue breathing and chest compressions delivered to victims thought to be in cardiac arrest, to save their life.
Ambulance arrives at 5: 38 to find child in cardiac arrest.
I wove through research about this syndrome, which is characterized by a cardiac electrical glitch.
I jog, or waddle, several times a week and it is miracle when upon conclusion I don't collapse in cardiac arrest.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.