from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The thin serous membrane, composed of endothelial tissue, that lines the interior of the heart.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A thin serous membrane that lines the interior of the heart.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The membrane lining the cavities of the heart.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, the lining of the heart, as distinguished from the pericardium, or investing membrane of that organ; the membrane forming the inner surface of the walls of the cardiac cavities, or this surface itself.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the membrane that lines the cavities of the heart and forms part of the heart valves
New Latin : endo- + Greek kardiā, heart; see kerd- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)