from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or derived from naphthalene.
- adj. Relating to phthalic acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or derived from naphthalene or phthalic acid
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or designating, a dibasic acid obtained by the oxidation of naphthalene and allied substances.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Derived from naphthalene.
Short for naphthalic acid : naphthal(ene) + -ic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Shortened form of naphthalic, from naphthalene + -ic, from naphtha + -ene (Wiktionary)