from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Chosen or expressed with aptness or propriety.
- adj. Courteous in speech.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Eloquent and able with regards to speech.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Speaking well; speaking with fitness or grace; speaking kindly.
- adj. Spoken with propriety.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Spoken well or with propriety: as, a well-spoken recitation.
- See well spoken, under speak.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. speaking or spoken fittingly or pleasingly
Sorry, no etymologies found.