from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or showing good manners. See Synonyms at polite.
- adv. With good manners; politely.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. polite, having good manners
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Showing good manners; civil; respectful; complaisant.
- adv. With good manners.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- + -ly.] Showing good manners; well-behaved; civil; respectful; complaisant; not rude or vulgar.
- Synonyms Courteous, polite, gentlemanly.
- With good manners or civility; respectfully; without rudeness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. socially correct in behavior
manner + -ly (Wiktionary)