from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a gallant manner, gentlemanly, with social graces.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a polite or courtly manner; like a gallant or wooer.
- adv. In a gallant manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bravely; with spirit; heroically; nobly: as, to defend a place gallantly.
- (Also ga-lant′ li.) In the manner of a gallant or wooer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a gallant manner
Sorry, no etymologies found.