from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing or producing exalted joy or blessedness: a beatific smile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. blessed, blissful, heavenly
- adj. having a benign appearance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the power to impart or complete blissful enjoyment; blissful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Blessing or making happy; imparting bliss.
- Blessed; blissful; exaltedly happy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by utter benignity; resembling or befitting an angel or saint
- adj. experiencing or bestowing celestial joy
Latin beātificus : beātus, happy (from past participle of beāre, to bless; see deu-2 in Indo-European roots) + -ficus, -fic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From beatify, from Latin beatificare ("make blessed"), from beatus ("blessed") + ficare ("make"), variant of facere. (Wiktionary)