from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. shame or disgrace
- n. a lack of honour or integrity
- n. Failure or refusal of the drawee or intended acceptor of a negotiable instrument, such as a bill of exchange or note, to accept it or, if it is accepted, to pay and retire it.
- v. to bring disgrace upon someone or something; to shame
- v. to refuse to accept something, such as a cheque
- v. to violate or rape
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. bring shame or dishonor upon
- n. a state of shame or disgrace
- n. lacking honor or integrity
- v. refuse to accept
- v. force (someone) to have sex against their will
Sorry, no etymologies found.