from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Denoting or naming; designative.
- adj. Specific or direct: denotative and connotative meanings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That denotes or names; designative
- adj. Specific to the primary meaning of a term
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having power to denote; designating or marking off.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having power to denote.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. in accordance with fact or the primary meaning of a term
- adj. having the power of explicitly denoting or designating or naming
Sorry, no etymologies found.