from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That implies or suggests something else.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Implying something additional; illative.
- adj. Implying an attribute. See Connote.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the quality of connoting; implying an attribute while denoting a subject: applied to any term which connotates or connotes anything, In whatever sense those verbs may be used.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the power of implying or suggesting something in addition to what is explicit
Sorry, no etymologies found.