from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a sort
- adj. Having the character of a sortal
- n. A type of universal that defines a particular sort of object
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to a sort.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging or pertaining to a sort or class.
sort + -al. Coined by John Locke in 1690 in his An Essay Concerning Human Understanding. (Wiktionary)