from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Solidly built; sturdy.
- adj. Chubby; plump.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. sturdy; solidly built; heavy and compact
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Short and thick; thick rather than tall or corpulent.
- adj. Headstrong.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Short and stout; stumpy; stock-like.
- In zoology, of stout or thick-set form; stout-bodied.
- In botany, having a strong, stout stem, not spindling.
- Headstrong; stubborn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a short and solid form or stature
Sorry, no etymologies found.