American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or existing in a state of matter intermediate between liquid and crystal.
- adj. Of or relating to a mesomorph.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a mesomorph.
- adj. chemistry, physics Of or pertaining to phases of matter intermediate between solid and liquid; of or pertaining to liquid crystals.
- adj. having a robust muscular body-build characterized by predominance of structures (bone and muscle and connective tissue) developed from the embryonic mesodermal layer
- From mesomorph + -ic. (Wiktionary)
“As I said, he was a good-sized guy, rather stocky, with the kind of mesomorphic build that could be described as either muscular or couch potatoesque, depending on what he was wearing and how he was standing.”
“This is particularly true of the extreme mesomorphs of above average height who form a kind of mesomorphic royalty.”
“I wish somebody would explain mesomorphic and ectomorphic to me.”
“So would almost every other bodybuilder on stage, and ditto most mesomorphic jocks in any sport that requires muscle.”
“Both male and female Type O's reported a higher percentage of the mesomorphic body type when compared to controls.”
“The figures in Furukawa's panels often have faces that appear to be on the verge of popping off their bodies, which are universally mesomorphic, of course.”
“Women with a mesomorphic body type have a stockier build, and they genetically possess more muscle tissue than other body types.”
“Synchronously departmentally, with his real estate richmond virginia for mesomorphic imagism barometer and alkylic mastigophore, is as fanned and tomentose tangerine in quickening, and in emydidae.”
“As we saw in the case of the mesomorphic physique, Sheldon's portrait of the mesotonic is more male than female.”
“I have already mentioned that they are more endomorphic and less mesomorphic, but they are also more mid-range.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mesomorphic’.
By David Foster Wallace
having, denoting, or relating to a specified form or character
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
Looking for tweets for mesomorphic.