from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling butter in appearance, consistency, or chemical properties.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to or containing butter; buttery
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the qualities of butter; resembling butter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the quality of butter; resembling butter; consisting of or containing butter. Also butyrous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the qualities of butter or yielding or containing a substance like butter
Latin būtȳrum, butter; see butter + -aceous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)